Wednesday Medley




1.  Today, Wednesday, February 6th, is Frozen Yogurt Day!  A cold dessert on what must be a very cold day for most of you reading this today!  Do you enjoy frozen yogurt?  Does it matter what the weather is?  Share with us your favorite flavor and/or topping, please!!

Frozen yogurt...hmmm.  It depends.  Places like Red Mango make their frozen yogurt with a strong yogurt taste, not my favorite.  TCBY, on the other hand, is practically indistinguishable from soft serve ice cream. 

I'll have a cup of TCBY Dutch Chocolate and Old Fashioned Vanilla, and can you top that with mini M & M's please?


2.  What food do you know you shouldn't eat but can't help yourself?
Far too many to list.  but if I had to pick just one, it would be chocolate.
3.  If your life was a meal, what kind of meal would it be?
4.  Do you like spicy food?  Why or why not?  What is the spiciest food you have ever eaten?
Yes, I like spicy food, but as I've gotten older I find my tolerance for very spicy food has diminished.
The spiciest food I ever had was in an Indian restaurant.  Most restaurants around here will indicate on the meu if a dish is very spicy (usually with a chili pepper next to the name of the dish), and I try to order a balance of spicy dishes and more moderately seasoned food.  But at this particular restaurant, there were no chili pepper icons on the menu...because almost all of the dishes were very spicy.  We couldn't finish our meal, it was too overwhelming.    The restaurant went out of business 6 months after it opened.
5.  (Most of you know I have been sick with a cold.) What food do you eat or crave when you have a bad cold?
"Jewish penicillan" a/k/a chicken soup, prefereably homemade, with noodles and/or matzo balls.  About ten years ago studies were done showing the medicinal value of chicken soup.  But that's spmething my grandmother already knew...

6.  Please tell us something random about your week (and maybe it will involve food).
I think it's time for another visit to Bob Howard's General Store for retro candy and egg creams.  I got a post card in the mail the other day wishing me a happy birthday and offering me a gift when I come to the sotre.

Comments

  1. I haven't been to an Indian restaurant in years. None nearby. But I did love it. And I love hot Curry. So you must have a birthday coming up. What is an egg creme? Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken soup... definitely with homemade noodles!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried real Indian food. I don't really care for curry, so it hasn't tempted me, especially since there are so many other foods i love.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. An egg creme is a New York institution. It's made with chocolate syrup (preferably fox's U-bet), milk and seltzer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does black pepper qualify as spicy? Because that's as hot as I can go (and that's too hot for me, really).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black pepper? Liz, yoou are sooo sensitive to spice, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard about that study on chicken noodle soup.
    TCBY sounds so good! Loved your answers! Enjoy the rest of your week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer TCBY and/or soft-serve frozen yogurt too. Thank you for joining the Medley today!! I have read about chicken soup and its medicinal properties. One way or the other, it does work! I enjoyed reading your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope this is around for a while. I join in
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday