Teen Idols!

Wow, what a concert.

Mickey Dolenz, Peter Noone, David Cassidy.

My inner 10 year old was beside herself.

All three stars were on the stage together.  First Mickey sang Monkees hits, with Peter and David singing harmony and backup.  Then Peter sang Herman's Hermits hits, and after intermission David sang Partridge Family hits and hits from his solo career.

It was the first concert of the tour, and it was definitely under rehearsed  -- missed cues and blown lyrics were obvious.

David looked like he was having the time of his life.  Peter was the clown prince.  Mickey, who is usually so chatty with the audience, was a little subdued.

Loved Peter's imitation of Mick Jagger.  His story about landing at Newark Airport and making his way to Long Island was hysterical.  The best line, though:  "I'm an actor.  When I'm on stage I'm 17.  And it hurts  the next morning.

The highlight of the evening was David talking about Davy Jones.  Jones is the one who helped Cassidy make peace with his teen idol past, and they were supposed to tour together.  So of course David had to sing "Daydream Believer", with Mickey and Peter joining in.

I must say...all the 50-something and 60-something ladies around me turned into 12 year olds when David starting his set.  He invited one woman onto the stage, and she practically swooned at his feet.  Her husband had to drag her off the stage.

The evening ended with our three darlings singing "I Think I Love You", which David dedicated to the entire audience.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday