introspection

You know how, as your birthday or the new year approaches, you tend to become introspective? you review the past year and make resolutions about the coming one.

as a Jew, I celebrate the New Year twice -- a secular new year in January, and a religious new year at Rosh Hashanah.

Unlike the secular new year, with its parties and fireworks and etc., the Jewish High Holy days focus on introspection, on self analysis, on prayer.

I reflect on all the changes in my life since last Rosh Hashanah...and the changes to come in the new year.

A baby bird has flown out of the nest and is on the road to discovering who she will be. Another baby bird is stretching her wings, preparing to fly.

an old love has returned to my life.

I can't wait to see what the new year birngs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday