life in and around NYC is insane

Friday, August 28, 2009

sitting here crying

just broke an earring.

a stupid, $26 for the pair earring that I bought about 4 years ago.

that I bought 4 years ago, in Macy's, because I wanted big, dangling earrings.

I wanted big dangling earrings because I needed to feel feminine.

because I was about to start chemo. I was about to lose my hair.

because I was scared.

how different my life is, 4 years later.

funny how cheap costume jewelry can evoke such deep emotion.






2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Isn't it amazing how powerful an object can be?

The crying is understandable. When something was purchased to give you a little cheer when you were going through such a rough time, it is sad to see it break.

Perhaps a new symbol of being a 4 year survivor? No, it won't be the same, but it's worth a shot.

songbird's crazy world said...

shopping trip! yeah!

Blog Archive

About Me