Music Monday

 A freedom of choice week.

What should I choose?

Let’s go back to August 1986.

I am 26 years old, working in lower Manhattan, living in an apartment in Brooklyn (with a horrible roommate, I hate her), and Drew and I are planning our wedding. 

Ronald Reagan is President.  Clint Eastwood has been elected Mayor of Carmel.  Margaret Thatcher is PM of the UK.  Earlier this year we dealt with the Challenger disaster and Chernobyl. The NY Mets are playing well, they’re probably going to the World Series. 

Top movies this summer include Top Gun, Aliens, The Fly, and The Karate Kid Part II. At home we are watching The Cosby Show  (little did we know…), Family Ties, The Golden Girls, Cheers, and Murder, She Wrote.

And the music? All our favorites were on mTV.








Sigh …40 years …





Comments

  1. That was interesting. Ronald Regan was inaugurated the day I brought my first born home from the hospital. I liked hearing Madonna and Lionel Ritchey. I saw him up close at an American Idol show along with Katy Perry. That Venus was a remake of a song that came out in the 60's when I was in Jr. High. Shocking Blue sang it. I liked Frankie Avalon's Venus. I posted my Saturday 9 late. Been having problem with Blogger. I have my kids with MInnie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be the most eclectic playlist I will hear today. Everything from Madonna saying she's doesn't need her father's guidance to Lionel stuck in 70's disco with Dancing on the ceiling. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment