Jewish Heritage Night at the ballpark



I took a screen shot of the Ducks’ social media Tuesday night:








It’s the night where Hatikvah is sung before the national anthem.  


The team wears special jerseys, which are later auctioned off. 




It’s also fireworks night, which means a show after the game, but also red rockets during the national anthem, a small display during the 7th inning stretch, and a brief burst every time a player from the home team hits a home run (we saw that more than once!)

It was a really important game for the Ducks.  The start of a six game home stand against York Revolution. The Ducks started the night in 2nd place, 4.5 games behind York.

And if you recall what I said in June about the cretins from York, I bought a special shirt to wear to the game.




The Hebrew reads “V’ahavta l’reiacha kamocha”.  Leviticus 19:18. Quoted in Mark 12:31. You’ll find similar thoughts in the Quran, in Buddhist and Hindu teachings…

No one really mentioned the shirt, but I felt good wearing it.

 The game was interesting…but …



Still, it was a fun night.  And it ended with 







Comments