More ramblings

 Welcome October.  Is it finally cool enough to wear my sweater dresses and boots? I really want to wear my new boots. I really, really want to wear my boots.  

I’m excited about wearing boot because …well, for the longest time I couldn’t wear boots.  I couldn’t zip them, they didn’t fit my legs.  But I’ve lost 110 pounds, I weigh less now than I did when I got married in 1987.  And boots fit again. 

The Mets won yesterday and are headed to the playoffs.  October baseball!  Beat Milwaukee!  Yes, I’m psyched. But there are so many rounds of playoffs …it used to be much simpler.  We’ll see how far they go …

Remember how Reggie Jackson was called “Mr. October”?  He played for the Yankees in the 70’s, when they kept winning  the World Series.  He even had a candy bar named after him …we were able to buy Reggie Bars last year at Bobb Howard’s, the store that sells nostalgic candy and toys.  

Fall 1978, I was a freshman in college and my dorm was a 20-story tower.  During the playoffs and the World Series we kept our shoes and jackets next to our beds …every time the Yankees won a game, someone would pull the fire alarm at 3 AM.  

Pete Rose died yesterday.  Sad.

Tonight is the Vice Presidential debate, Walz vs Vance.  We will be watching, of course.

I’ve got a blue t shirt, a graphic t with three cats in the front.  I bought it about a year ago, didn’t know it would  morph into a political statement … I might wear it tonight … I’m saving the chucks and pearls for November 5…

My first Presidential election was 1980.  Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan and third party candidate John Anderson. Anderson held a rally at my college.  I liked what I heard, I voted for him.  Should have voted for Carter.  

Today is Jimmy Carter’s 100th birthday.  He’s in hospice now, but he told his family he wants to live until November 5 so he can vote for Kamala.

Maybe I’ll wear my boots tomorrow…


Comments

  1. Ha! Blue with cats! Perfect! Congratulations on the weight loss. Wear those new boots! Who cares if it's cold "enough" according to anyone else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That worked out well: the Mets and Braves split the doubleheader and knocked the Diamondbacks out. Hope to see you in the NLCS...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your cooler weather. We're warming up again. Which I expected, actually.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

Music Monday

Ultimate Blog Party!!!!