Take me out to the ball game

 The annual pilgrimage to Citi Field.  We went Friday night.  

The weather was perfect for a ballgame.

We had two minor glitches.  First, we didn’t park in our usual lot because we’d been given a free parking pass, and it took a few minutes to find the right parking lot.  



And then Drew dropped his car keys as we went through the metal detectors, and didn’t realize they were missing until we were well inside the ballpsrk, so he had to go back to the Seaver gate to retrieve them,

We had great seats.



I found the gluten-free food vendor.  I had the breaded chicken tenders.  OMG they were good.  


The new scoreboard is huge, I think they can see it all the way to Brooklyn.




The game? The Mets are a demoralized team, and their opponents that night (Atlanta) are contenders this year.  It’s tough to be a Mets fan this year… of course they lost, but we stayed until the bitter end.

Because it was fireworks night!  Sorry, no pictures or video.  They shoot off the fireworks in front of the scoreboard, but also from both sides of the stadium.  I don’t know where to look!

And now I utter the famous phrase, “wait until next year.”



Comments

  1. Losing car keys is awful. We were also outside Friday night, but the weather was HOT. I dripped sweat all night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one am happy the Braves seem like they're back on track. Sorry it came at the expense of the Mets... oh well, one more game tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you figured out the keys were missing sooner rather than later. What a nightmare if you had to go back at the end of the night. Glad you got fireworks, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way do you see the Yankees play?
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m not a big Yankees fan. Most Mets fans aren’t. We did make a trip up to the Bronx a few years ago. Lots of history in Monument Hall.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday