Music Monday

 I’ve had a certain musician on my mind lately.

Marvin Lee Aday, known to the world as Meat Loaf, died a year ago.  

He first came to our attention in The Rocky Horror Picture Show.



But he captured our attention two years later, with his debut album.


The title cut

  

The controversial "Paradise By the Dashboard Light", with the infamous commentary by Phil Rizzuto.  There are people who believe Rizzuto didn't know what he was really describing, that he didn’t understand the sexual innuendo.  Riiight....

 

Meat’s background in acting gave his music a theatrical tone that really added depth to his videos.

You can see it in "Read 'Em and Weep"


 

"It's All Coming Back To Me Now"


"I Would do Anything For Love"


  

And we close it out with this song, the first song written for Bat Out of Hell.


Heaven must be enjoying some wonderful music.



Comments

  1. Meat Loaf had some good hits. I always thought his stage name was funny. I believe that was a nickname from his childhood. Over the past year, the entertainment industry has lost some great talent. I don't remember Marvin covering "It's All Coming Back To Me Now" but he and Marion do a beautiful job with the song. Nice tribute to a singer I remember best from my early adult years. Have a boogietastic week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've lost so much music talent in the past year - we have two of Meat Loaf's albums, but two of these songs I did not know. "Paradise by the Dashboard Light" is probably my favorite song of his. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday