Music Monday

And the theme?


Time. Song lyrics or titles mentioning time, or calendars, or days of the week. Kudos to Alana for offering the first music prompt for the new year!


Let’s start with a Neil Sedaka classic.

  

Stevie Wonder also takes us through a whole year


The Waitresses offer a retrospective of the year during a chance Christmas meeting


  

The Beatles had a different take on time


  

Al Stewart noting the passage of time




  

Let’s not forget Cyndi Lauper



  

I saved this one for last, it always makes me cry,  The song was released in 1972.  The artist, Jim Croce, died in a plane crash just a few months later.





Comments

  1. Robin, thanks for joining the 4M party. "I Just Called To Say I Love You" is a great song. That one is going to be stuck in my head the rest of the day. Have a boogietastic week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds! Besides the one we had in common, there were two others I thought to use but didn't. I like your mini theme of "all through the year"; I hadn't thought of that at all! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndi Is popular today. Great tunes and I picked Times Passages and Jim Croce last Wed. For my little musical output.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your playlist, Songbirdie. Our favourite is Al Stewart and Cindy Lauper, but we loved Jim Croce's song too and with knowing that this maybe was his last song...well...that touched us too😿Double Pawkisses for a Happy Week ahead🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful playlist. Love the Al Stewart song.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday