Too close for comfort

 Morning rush hour, NYC subway system,  Brooklyn, NY.  Crowded Manhattan-bound express train.  So, so ordinary.


Until…

As the train enters the station, a smoke bomb explodes. And then the shooting starts.  

The doors open, the conductor yells for everyone to get out.  Some passengers tend to the wounded on the station platform.  Some passengers run across the platform and jump onto the local train. Others flee the subway station.  

I don’t work in the city anymore, I don’t commute on the subway.  But I can easily picture myself at the scene.

It’s a scary world we live in.

Comments

  1. And it just keeps happening. Very scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having worked blocks from a mass shooting and having ridden the subways for all of my childhood and teenage years, I can't even begin to imagine what it was like. But I also understand 11 other people were shot in NYC in other incidents yesterday. What a terrible situation, overall. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just not right, for all this violence.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday