The usual craziness

 Tomorrow night is the first night of Passover.  So naturally my sister is making me crazy.  She has me running to four different stores today to make sure we have everything we need for our Passover Seder.  Really.  I was in the supermarket when she sent me a text adding three more items to the shopping list.  It’s the usual insanity, we do this every holiday.

Or rather, we used to to this … until COVID.  The last time my family gathered together for Passover was in 2019.

And … my mother is 89.  I saw her Tuesday night, and her condition … her health is not good.

So I am deliriously happy that my sister is making me crazy today.

Comments

  1. These last two years have made many people treasure and hold families close in their hearts, even the ones who aggravate us. I've never held a seder; I have no family close to me (they are in the New York City area or in Florida, for the most part). It's tough to see the decline in once vital and energetic parents, too. I'd like to wish you a Happy Passover, Songbird. I hope it isn't too stressful once you get past the first two nights! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have said "no blood relatives close to me". I do have inlaws near me, but they are Catholic. Being intermarried has brought its own set of challenges, although my non-observant Catholic husband is very supportive. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

      Delete
    2. I knew what you meant. This is going to be an interesting Passover. My daughter is bringing her (not Jewish) boyfriend, who hasn’t really been exposed to our family’s brand of crazy yet. They’ve been talking marriage, and I hope he doesn’t change his mind after he spends a weekend with us. I like him and he treats my daughter well.

      Delete
  2. Ah, the joys of family. I hope your Seder goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm an only child. But I'm sure I drive some cousin and such batty.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday