A weighty issue

 Weight is something I’ve struggled with …well, not my whole life, but close enough.  

I was already on an upward trend, regaining weight I’d worked so hard to lose, when the pandemic hit.  I started working from home, stopped taking long walks, stopped going to the gym.  And gained about 20 pounds over the last two years.

It’s starting to affect my health.  You don’t want to hear the litany of complaints.  Suffice to say, there is a chorus of medical providers urging  me to lose weight.

So I guess it’s time to get serious about it. 

My favorite tools?  Fitbit, the My Fitness Pal app, my food scale, the bathroom scale, and my Planet Fitness membership.

Wish me luck.

Comments

  1. I wish you luck. It's a hard journey, but it also can be done and I hope others in your life will support you and cheer you on. My right knee, especially, is grateful for my weight loss. I've found the best tool for me (and My Fitness Pal is a good tool many swear by) is tracking everything I eat, and doing it as soon as possible after I eat. I'm far from perfect but that tracking makes me accountable. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh me too. I just had bloodwork done and my A1-C was up, fasting blood sugar up and we will not even talk about my cholesterol.
    Hang in there. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "There is a chorus of medical providers urging me to lose weight."
    Lose weight for you. So much of the medical community on weight is based on faulty science. Don't even get me started.

    I wish you luck in finding the best solutions that work for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, Liz, it’s not just the doctors … my arthritic knees are screaming at me to lose weight …

      Delete
  4. When I go in to see a medical professional. They bring up my weight and rightly so. I know if I even drop 20 pounds it would make a different in my life
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve read your blog, and I know you’re working hard at this.

      Delete
  5. I'm in a similar boat, but I packed on a lot more during the pandemic. I'd lost a lot in 2019, so I'm doubly irritated with myself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday