Wednesday HodgePodge


1. What's something that reminds you of your grandmother? Tell us why.

Old fashioned Jewish recipes.  My grandmother grew up in what is now Poland, and at the age of 12 she had to get a job to support her mother and younger siblings because her father was in America and unable to send home money.  She got a job as a cook on a farm.  Later, as a widow with three young children, she  once again returned to cooking as a way to earn a living. She made everything from scratch --  knishes, gefitle fish, kreplach, chopped liver, and, of course, chicken soup 

2. Is your life currently more 'moonlight and roses' or a little more 'every rose has it's thorn'? Elaborate.

Lately it is more "moonlight and roses, no real problems and I am enjoying life. 

3. June 23rd is National Pink Day...favorite thing you own in any shade of pink? Favorite thing found in nature in any shade of pink? Your favorite pink food or beverage? Your favorite shade of pink?

My favorite thing?  A black blouse with pink flowers.  I wore it to brunch on Father's Day.  Favorite pink thing in nature?  Flamingos, they are the goofiest birds....Pink food or beverage?  Hmmm....strawberry ice cream.  Favorite shade of pink?  Hot pink. 

4. Last thing that had you 'tickled pink'? 

It doesn't take much to amuse me.  Here's my new pen holder.

 


5. What are two or three words that describe your style.

Unique, differnt, my own. 

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Trying to get used to my new haircut. I've been wearing it fairly long, but I got  fed up and cut it short for the summer...




Comments

  1. With your new haircut, you'll be "pretty in pink."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll be enjoying that short haircut before you know it. That's a nifty pencil holder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think as we age, we get comfortable with our self, and not be part of peer pressure.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pencil holder. Does your mat say, "do not meddle with dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup"? One of my favorite sayings on a shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have me drooling over here just thinking about good Jewish food and how long it's been since I've had any. I bet that black blouse with the pink flowers s beautiful, I love the color combo. I love your cute pen holder too. Have a great afternoon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks a wonderful memory of your grandmother. Great items you pick for pink! I hope you start loving your hair. Take care. Love the pencil holder..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A