Sunday stealing

 



 
Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves! 


 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

1. Describe your phone lock screen

Let me just show you...





 
 
2. How often do you journal?

at least 5 times a week
 
3. What’s your favorite thing to teach others?

Bits and pieces of history, trivial facts that make it so fascinating.
 
4. How do you like to spend Sundays?

We usually do Sunday brunch, Drew loves to cook breakfast foods.

 
5. What would you describe as your kryptonite?

chocolate 
 
6. A TV show or movie you thought was really bad

Made it through about 4 minutes of The Bachelor before I had to change the channel.
 
7. Do you know your mail carrier?

Nope.
 
8. Which regional foods are your favorite?

Probably Italian, though Chinese comes in a close second.   No, wait, Greek... Mexican...Thai...Japanese...Turkish...
 
9. What was your life like 20 years ago?

I was a single mom with two young daughters and a full time job.  It was hectic.
 
10. Crafting hobbies that you’d like to learn or improve

I learned the basics of crochet when I was a teenager.  Someday I will buy  crochet hooks and yarn and see if I can still do it.

11. What is your favorite type of YouTube videos?

Lately I have been revisiting the TV broadcasts of significant events. Example, Game 3 of the 1989 World Series was interrupted by an earthquake.



Al Michaels and became a de facto reporter that night.
 
12. Describe your surroundings

I'm sitting in my bedroom/office.  The desk and file cabinet are in an alcove.  

13. You're making a Time Capsule to be opened in 50 years.  What 3 things would you put in it?

A smart phone, a face mask, a cardboard box from Amazon

14. Something you learned recently that resonated with you

I think we are all constantly learning.  If you don't learn you stagnate.  But I can't think of something specific right now.

15. Songs that get stuck in your head often…  

This one (thank you, LIn-Manuel)




Comments

  1. My phone lock screen is a pic I took of the Pacific Ocean almost exactly a year ago. Since I have a newer iPhone, it has video associated with it, so if I hold my finger on the screen, the ocean moves.

    I remember what World Series game vividly. My brother was watching. I was a freshman in college. I had a history test the next day. I was on the couch, pretending to study, when the earthquake hit. He and I were slightly disappointed we weren't close enough to feel the earthquake. It was only when we saw the actual devastation of that one that we were no longer disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't watch sports and didn't remember that happening. Cool video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Oceans rise, empires fall ..." Yes, that's a great song.

    Yes, you're a nerd, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. #14 - If you learn something new every day your life will improve. A good mantra.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live 80 miles from San Francisco, so we felt the earthquake. I knew 2 of my kids were in the stadium for the World Series and it was nice that the news let me know nobody in the stadium was ibhured, my son and his wife lived in Oakland and I talked with her and knew they were all right. Walt was in DC, so he was fine. Paual was also here in Davis, so I knew he was fine, but my daughter, who worked in Sf would be traveling home across the bridge when the quake hit. We didn't hear from her until 10 p.m. She had been trapped on the bridge and had to be turned around on Treasure Island and then try to find a working telephone in a city with no lights at all...and try to figure out where to go. It was a day I will always remember.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A