Music Monday

 

It's Monday again.

And today's theme?


Build a playlist of your favorite songs from the 80s or 90s.


Too many choices!


I'll limit it to acts that I've seen perform live (though not  in the 80's)...that will narrow it down....


We start with Sir Paul.  I saw him at Citi Field, July 2009




Kenny Rogers...we saw his farewell tour, Christmas 2016.  One of his big hits in the 80's was  this song



Joan Jett opened for The Who at the Nassau Coliseum in May 2015.



I saw Jackson Browne  with John Fogerty in August 2014 at Jones Beach.


Huey Lewis opened for Jimmy Buffett at Jones Beach, August 2015


The first concert ever held in the Meadowlands Stadium was Bon Jovi, June 2010




Rod Stewart, Jones Beach, August 2014.  We had tickets to see him at Jones Beach  in the summer of 2020, but that tour will now take place in the summer of 2022.

 
I've seen Billy Joel twice, during his residency at Madison Square Garden.  January 2014 and again in December 2014.

And we have tickets to see him next year, our May 2020 concert is now set for January 2022. So I'll include two of his songs.





And today's bonus hit.

Cheap Trick was supposed to tour with Rod Stewart in 2020. We will be seeing them, with Rod, at Jones Beach  next summer.





You can tell I feel deprived....no live music in ages...but that's about to change....




Comments

  1. I forgot about Huey Lewis and news.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, never saw the Paul McCarthy one that's too funny! I miss Kenny Rodgers to say the least. All his tunes are great. Somebody's Baby cute song always loved it. The videos are awesome... Power of Love.. oh yeah! Billy Joel a favorite of mine to say the least. YOU ROCKED!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin,

    You've got a new look! Well...your blog has a new look. :D You rolled out some of the best artists from the 80s. I wasn't into country music much back in the 80s but I always loved Kenny Rogers. "Lady" is so beautiful. His adult contemporary song was a number one hit. It goes without saying I can't think of the 80s without thinking of Huey Lewis & the News which then makes me think of the Back to the Future movie series. Great music! Great movies! Man, what a decade for entertainment!! It's fabulous having you on the dance floor, darlin'! Here's to you getting back to going to concerts. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cool songs. Loved them all. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A