Holiday Lights/Bronx Zoo

 With so many things postponed or canceled....


The Bronx Zoo is open, mostly outdoors and mask compliant.  Covid restrictions meant we had to obtain timed tickets for entry to the holiday  lights show.  

We arrived early enough to see the World of Birds exhibit.

(Yeah, a girl named "Robin" loves birds.  Go figure...)




These guys tried to follow us out!



He's just being mellow:


Next, we walked over to the zoo's center, where the sea lions were having fun.





We admired the architecture of the zoo...


And posed with a rhino.  


Yes, that really is us under all that fabric...

But the real deal is the holiday light show.  The whole park is decked out in lights, with numerous trails representing different parts of the world  - Africa, Asia, the ocean, etc.




I hadn't realized I caught the moon through the trees.



Drew thought the baboon looked "possessed" because of the way its eyes glow.




Flamingos?  In the Bronx?


The centerpiece, of course, is the Christmas tree. It puts on quite a show.









The stilt walker reindeer were great, but the dancer with the peacock tail was my favorite.  

Aside from the inconvenience of my glasses fogging up because of my mask, the evening felt so "normal"...

As we say goodbye to 2020 I wish for more "normal" for all of us.

Comments

  1. Happy New Year for you. I spent some very happy weekend days with an aunt visiting the Bronx Zoo (I grew up in the Bronx but not that close to the zoo) no light show back then! But your "sea life" photos were fantastic. Wow! Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dolphins under the sea. It looks like it was a lovely night out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once had a black coat like that. The birds are quite pretty.
    Hope your up coming year is full of joy.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday