Saturday 9

 

Happy Holidays!


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Saturday 9: Happy Holidays! (from the archives)


1. As you can see, Sam loved giving her annual wish list to Santa. Yet some children are reluctant to climb into Jolly Old St. Nick's lap. Did you enjoy the tradition or were you shy? Or did you by pass it altogether -- either because you wrote him a letter or because your family didn't celebrate Christmas?

Jewish girl, we didn't celebrate Christmas.  But I do remember getting a candy cane from Santa at a movie theater when I was 4.  We had just seen Mary Poppins.

2. Are you currently on the Naughty or Nice list? How did you get there?

I hope I am on the nice list...

3. Did you ship any gifts to friends and family this year? If so, which one traveled the farthest?

Nope.  But I did drop things off on a porch or two.

4. Did you buy yourself a gift this year?

I've been buying all sorts of things for the new apartment.  I guess that could be a gift to myself.

5. What's your favorite holiday-themed movie? Have you seen it yet this year?



Or better yet:



6. Thinking of movies, Christmas is lucrative for Hollywood. Have you ever gone to a movie theater on Christmas Day?

Welcome to the stereotype.  Chinese food and a movie on Christmas Day.  It's a tradition.



7. Have you ever suffered an embarrassing moment at the company Christmas party?

Nope, but I have seen other people do embarrassing things.

8. What's your favorite beverage in cold weather?

Hot cocoa with whipped cream.

9. Share a memory from last Christmas.

We did our annual trek into Manhattan to see the tree in Rockefeller Center on the day we had tickets to see the Rockettes at Radio City.  Typical NYC at Christmas...



Comments

  1. I saw Mary Poppins on the big screen, too! It was a magical experience for me. I'll always remember those big theater curtains opening to reveal the rooftops of London.

    Getting your new apartment as you want it truly is a gift to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot chocolate at bedtime is a habit for me now as I wind down from the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hot chocolate with whipped cream is so good! I have not heard of Chinese food and a movie as a tradition, but it sounds like fun! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love White Christmas! It must be exciting to be able to visit Rockefeller Plaza at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been to New York in 40 years. Not a traveling kind of girl, I guess. I hope you have a good holiday season and a great new year. Hey, we're leaving 2020 behind - things have to improve right? Right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do so love that you have Chinese food and a movie at the theater on Christmas. We came close to that for several years in the 90's. We watched all the Die Hard Movies and ate popcorn and tacos on Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bing and Danny...my favorite scene from my favorite Christmas movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have bought myself so many presents this year. It's kind of crazy. But as I rarely get anything good from anyone else, I found that I'd best treat myself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look like you celebrate well. I got my self a little something and now if I can only find it
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A