Weird holiday season ...

 If the Rockettes can dance in Herald Square and Rockefeller Center while masked, you can wear a mask to Target ...

Watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade...no crowds, much of it prerecorded, bands representing the NYC parades that didn’t happen in 2020 ...

The annual Disney special that night, featuring performances from prior years..

And then Christmas in Rockefeller Center, the lighting of the big tree, also without an audience ...

And the Rockettes’ special ...

I am crying. 


We are trying so hard to feel normal, to pretend ... we lost so much music, so much dance, theater, art...

Comments

  1. It's wonderful that the Rockettes can dance while masked. I envy them. I get out of breath if I walk too far while masked. But then, I'm 80 and have a chronic lung disease, so no wonder. Please don't cry. I think life will start returning to normal in 2021. The pandemic brought at least one blessing: the White House will soon have a new occupant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our city did its annual tree lighting virtually last night, too. I've been thinking that we'll look back on this year and all the things that were cancelled and wonder at it. It's definitely a different time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have one on 4 to 6 hours a day. I haven't even past out.
    Stay Safe and Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't watch the Rockefeller tree lighting. I wish I could see a video of the Rockettes performance; been having a hard time finding a free one on You Tube. I found it so depressing to watch the Thanksgiving parade on TV I gave up after about 1/2 hour. But things will be different next year; we just need to have hope and hang on. Yes, so many cancellations - this weekend would have been a fave open house and that was one of the casualties. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday