Saturday 9

 

Santa Baby

 Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to 
answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Saturday 9: Santa Baby (1987)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Madonna refers to Santa as "baby," "honey" and "cutie." What's the most recent endearment someone called you?

Honestly, I don't recall...   

2) At the top of her list are a fur coat, a new convertible and a yacht. If you could receive any of those luxury items, which would you choose?

The yacht, I think.  I'd like to spend more time out on the water.

3) She would like to decorate her tree with ornaments from Tiffany's. Do you have a favorite holiday ornament or decoration?






4) "Santa Baby" was written in 1953, before electronic payments. While her wish list includes blank checks, a 2017 survey revealed that 51% of consumers felt check writing was "a pain." Who received the last check your wrote? Who most recently gave you a check?

The last check I wrote was to myself, to transfer money from one bank to another, because I didn't have the electronic transfer mechanism set up yet.

I get small dividend checks, maybe a $1 at a time, from my AIG stock.  It upsets me...I worked at AIG for many years, I invested a considerable amount in the employee stock purchase plan.  After the government bailout there was a reverse stock split, and my investment was reduced to two shares of stock...


5) Madonna has been a successful singer for decades, and 1985's "Into the Groove" is her top-seller. What's your favorite Madonna song?


6) Madonna was born in Bay City, MI, and traveled to New York City to find fame and fortune. When she first arrived, she supported herself by working at Dunkin' Donuts. What's your standard DD order?

Boston Kreme donut and a French Vanilla coffee

7) The only Christmas card Sam has received so far this year is from her dentist. Have you received many cards this year?

Nope.


8) Will you wrap many presents? Or do you prefer to use gift bags?

I am gift wrapping challenged, I prefer gift bags.

9) Madonna recorded "Santa Baby" to benefit The Special Olympics. Here's your chance to plug a cause or organization that's near and dear to you.

I have two.  

Harry Chapin was one of my favorite performers.  He worked tirelessly to end world hunger.  Please consider donating to  Long Island Cares, the food bank he founded, or to your local food bank.  So many people are hungry these days...




Or perhaps you might consider Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids.  Broadway Cares was founded to deal with the AIDS epidemic, which decimated the NYC theater community.  Its mission has expanded to include cancer and other heath issues.  But now, in 2020, with theaters closed, Broadway Cares is helping actors, musicians, stage hands, costumers, make up artists, etc., pay the rent and put food on the table.  Tina Fey hosted a fundraiser on December 10, a showcase for Broadway talent.  Made me realize how much I miss live theater... Watch the show, and maybe put some money in the red bucket.

Comments

  1. I always enjoy your Q & A posts. I've already donated to Broadway Cares because a member of our church requested donations to that cause for his birthday. We also support our local food bank. Just knowing that families are going hungry in this wealthy country of ours makes me angry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I donated to Broadway Cares during their online fundraiser earlier this year. I hope people understand how much we stand to lose culturally as a result of this pandemic.

    Happy Hanukkah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Hanukkah! I hope you have a blessed time with your family during your holy days. I too donate to my local food bank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The local food bank is always a good cause to give to. Happy Hanukkah! Loved your answers! Have a great weekend!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also chose a yacht over a car.
    I know what you mean about AIG. In 2008 I had insured bonds that were insured by AIG... they paid of not even a penney a share, it was something like $ 0.0001 on the dollar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful menorahs! I didn't know that about Harry Chapin. It's always nice to hear about someone who's had a lot of success giving back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a menorah last night in a text that had different colored candles. It was a beautiful menorah. Not for Kwanzaa, either. I asked. 😌
    We donate throughout the year to end hunger, particularly Child hunger which shouldn’t exist in our country .... yet it does.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Hanukkah! I like your menorahs! I like to spend time on the water too but don't get to very often. I went on a little bay cruise in a duffy a few months ago and it was so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good causes. I don't think I've heard Madonna's version of this song. I tend to avoid Christmas music anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A