Wednesday HodgePodge






1. Last time you moved house? Something you've learned in moving house?

I won't talk about the most recent.  Let me tell you about the worst.  It was when my older daughter was still a baby, before younger daughter was born.  The three of us were living in a one-bedroom apartment.  We found a two-bedroom apartment four blocks away.  We rented a truck and got a group of friends together, the same friends who'd helped us move into the one-bedroom before Jen was born.   It was supposed to take a few hours. 

We were still moving furniture at 4 AM, when we called it a night and decided to move the rest of the stuff the next day. 

When we moved out of that apartment a few years later, we hired a moving company.

2. Move mountains, move along, make a wrong move, moved to tears, get a move on, move up, move over, move out of the way, move the deck chairs on the Titanic, move it!...pick one and tell us how it fits your recent circumstances.


Moved to tears...of frustration.  I am not liking the "new normal".


3. What have you been doing to make yourself move (aka stay fit-active) during these strange times?

Not enough.

4. This week's calendar includes celebrations for the following foods-

National Coffee Milkshake Day (Sunday), National Creme Brûlée Day (Monday), National Milk Chocolate Day (Tuesday), National Chicken Wing Day (Wednesday), National Lasagne Day (Wednesday), National Cheesecake Day (Thursday), and National Avocado Day (Friday)

Which one on the list would you be most inclined to celebrate? Which would you be most inclined to skip?

Coffee milkshake?  No thanks.  But I'll take the rest of the list, especially chocolate.

5. Next week's Hodgepodge lands in August! I know!! Raise your hand if you feel like July flew by in the blink of an eye? Now bid farewell to your July acrostic style. If you don't know what that means click here.

July drifts by so slowly
Unhurried, like it might linger until summer's end
Lazy, the heat discourages movement
Yet August is almost here.


6.  Insert your own random thought here.


We're in the middle of a heat wave...



Comments

  1. Let's hope the new normal is a temporary one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it funny that my birthday is National Avocado Day, and I'm not a fan...

    Your move sounds familiar. The easy part of the move, out of the house, took half the day. And we hired a moving company. The guy in charge was young and had no idea how to do it quickly. The hard part was the moving in, and it ended up taking a second day. I learned to pack a bag for myself just in case, because not only did I not have a bed that night, I had none of my toiletries or clothes. (It should have been an easy move. I've moved many times. That it took so long was due to incompetence.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, that move ...

      I’ll wish you a happy birthday now.

      Delete
  3. Is sure is hot, hot, hot! Your moving story reminds me of the first time we moved after I was married. It was the middle of January and snowing. We didn't finish until after midnight and it was so cold. We had friends helping us and I felt so terrible. It is too much to do in one day. Next time I will have to get a POD.
    Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a time of enormous frustration for sure. Moving is always a lot more than we anticipate it to be : ) Love the song!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved your July acrostic! Mine was decidedly uninspired. I know what you mean about not liking the new normal. I have a lot to be grateful for, but these times are sad for sure.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  6. We once moved on one of the rainiest days of the year into a new home and the heat was not turned on yet. Chocolate sounds so good right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep moving yourself sounds horrendous. We have a removal company lined up to do ours. Good acrostic. Yes this current situation is frustrating. Things are easing here in the UK but it still seems scary to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday