Music Monday

 Today is my daughter Jen’s birthday!  Happy birthday to my firstborn, she’s 32 years old today.

Jen and Becca were typical tweens/teens of their generation.  And that included music, of course.We saw Britney Spears in concert at Nassau Coliseum.  We saw *NSYNC there, too, and both girls were convinced Joey Fautone winked at them. We saw The Backstreet Boys at Jones Beach.

And then there was Aaron Carter.  The younger brother of Backstreet’s Nick Carter, Aaron was a preteen heartthrob in the days of Y2K.  We never saw him in concert, but in 2001 he appeared on Broadway in “Seussical the Musical”, and we were lucky to get tickets.   After the show we went to the stage door, hoping for an autograph, but no …However, the girls actually touched the limo  that took Aaron from the theater.  Which apparently was a big deal among the tween set.

Carter died Saturday, at the ripe old age of 34.  

So today it’s time to play some of the music that brought joy to my preteen daughters.


  




  


  






Comments

  1. Happy Birthday to her and RIP to Aaron Carter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love his videos and my he rest in peace. So young to leave this world.

    ♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Birthday Dear Jen,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Birthday to you.♪♫

    Have a fabulous MMMM and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you, Jen. Trying my best to comment but I am having major issues with Blogger blogs.
    Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that I can finally comment - Aaron Carter - Looking at his young face, I mourn what his life turned into. These were all fun songs (including the two covers). Alana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Jen! It's always especially sad when someone young dies. I didn't hear the cause of his death, though. I don't think I remember ever listening to Aaron when he was a kid, so thanks for sharing and for the tribute. I hope his soul is at peace. Have a boogietastic week, my dear!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday