Music Monday

 And I have the honor of being the honorary co-host this month.

Today’s theme?

Well, since Valentine’s Day is approaching, I thought we’d all enjoy love songs.

Today is also a special occasion. It’s Drew’s 64th birthday.  He and I have had a long and strange relationship, but I can’t imagine my life without him. 

Drew periodically reminds me that the Beatles arrived in NYC on his birthday, February 7, 1964, and he claims to remember watching them perform on The Ed Sullivan Show a few days later.

So the songs I have chosen are all from The Beatles  or from members of the group.

Let’s start with something from Paul. Love songs are not silly …

  

An early hit by the Fab Four


  

And another


  

Let’s hear from George now




  

This is a nice one from Ringo


  

John always had a great way to say it




You know I have to include this one.


  

And while this one isn’t technically a love song, I think you know why I had to include it.




Comments

  1. Robin,

    I loved your opening song straight through to the last one! It's really neat the Beatles made a song "When I'm Sixty Four" and today Drew celebrates that birthday. lol My how fast the yeas go by! Pass on well wishes to the birthday boy and here's to a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Thanks for filling in as this month's special co-hostess on the dance floor, my dear. Have a boogietastic week! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome playlist. Like Drew, I remember very well when the British Invasion established a beach head in NYC and played on the Ed Sullivan. The only other person to get that kind of fan reaction on the show was Elvis. Have a wonderfully musical Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great playlist. Love it. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my cousins saw The Beatles at Shea Stadium. I am forever envious of her. I'm wishing Drew a Happy Birthday. Very nice playlist. A couple of these I thought about using today but I decided three Beatles songs were enough. "Silly Love Songs" is a classic; I think Paul McCartney was astonished at how popular it became. And George was my favorite Beatle back when we were "required" to pick one, but I forgot all about the George song you featured. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this postie, songbirdie and what the songs meant to you. Have a wonderful Birthday to your hubby and Extra Pawkisses to all of you🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday