more this and that

So... I had a great holiday weekend. Lots of food, lots of fun, some drama but nothing overwhelming...paid for it all on Sunday, I was so sick I slept most of the day.

And then...the Monday morning commute. Cold and rainy, but at least we didn't get the white stuff.  I had to buy my monthly LIRR commuter ticket -- you'd think the railroad would put the ticket machines inside the warm station house, but no.... the only machines are on the platform, so I had to fight wind and rain while buying my ticket.  And the subway?  there must have been a problem earlier in the day, I had  to let two packed train pass me by before I could board the third...not a great start to the week....


Going home ...there was a broken crossing gate and some malfunctioning signals, so my train home took forever....

But now it's officially "the holiday season", and decorations are popping up all over the city.

I don't think we're going to do our "trek all over the city for store windows" tour this year.  We've got tickets to see the Rockettes on the 14th, so we'll probably do the Rockefeller Center tree that night, then head down to Chinatown for dinner.

We're planning to go to to the Holiday Lights at the Bronx Zoo in a few weeks.  It's an event that happens at night.  The animal exhibits are closed.  You walk through the zoo looking at light displays.  Sounds like fun.

Also on the agenda is the Magic of Lights at Jones Beach.  That's a drive-through exhibit.  We go every year.  Last year's show was great.

Still haven't decided on which movie to see Christmas Day.   We already have our tickets for The Rise of Skywalker  on the 22nd (spoil it you must not), so the choices for the 25th are limited.

Dtrew broached the subject of New Year's Eve with our group of friends. He asked "what do you all want ro do for New year's?"  We'll see what kind of responses he gets...

So yes, the holidays are off and running....

Comments

  1. This time of year I drive different ways so I can see the lights.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our local paper has a list of great light displays, updated via reader response. I hadn't seen that before. I might have to check those out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday