Bad weather, bad mood, and many minor annoyances

So it rained Friday, and the monsoon hit Saturday.  Not a great start to a weekend.

I’ve been meaning to go to Verizon, the Bluetooth in my cell phone is all wonky, but I never made it there this weekend.

And did I mention I cracked the screen on the iPad?

My Firestick went all weird on me.  Then it dawned on me that a Firestick is just a small computer.  Cleared the cache, and now I’m ok.

But the remote for the TV is wonky now, and probably needs to be replaced.

Here in New York we have a bottle deposit law.  When you buy soda or other similar beverages, you must leave a five cent deposit for each bottle or can, e.g. a six pack would require a 30 cent deposit.  Most supermarkets have an area set aside for recycling machines; you place the bottles or cans into the machine, and the machine prints a voucher which can be used towards your purchases in the store.  On Saturday I returned about $4 in bottles and cans, but when I ran into the store to buy a few things, I forgot to use the vouchers.

I also forgot to bring my own bags.  I live in Suffolk County, where the law requires supermarkets to charge five cents for each bag, so now cashiers are expected to bag your groceries before they total your order, so they can add the cost of the bags to your order.

But the good news...I am trying to declutter, and while going through some stuff, I found a necklace I thought I’d lost, one with a lot of sentimental vale.

Then I lost my favorite ring, the one Drew bought in St. Maarten on one of our cruises.  It was on a table in my bedroom, I accidentally knocked over the table.  Spent 20 minutes on my hands and knees looking for the ring, without success.

Then, when I came upstairs to go to bed, I found the ring.  It was on the other side of the room, far away from the table.

So I guess things are starting to turn around,

Comments

  1. We also have a bottle deposit law, but many don't recycle. 5 cents for bags? You're lucky. In California, it's 10 cents, but the cashier just asks how many bags someone wants as they ring up the sale. If the merchandise doesn't fit, that's on the buyer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seem like everything seems to go wrong at once? Hoping your electronic woes lead to something bigger and better. I didn't know about the 5 cent law. That hasn't reached my part of upstate yet - grateful, as I always forget my reusable bags.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    starbet agent

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday