Don't let your life be ruled by fear

My cousin A is the oldest of the first cousins on my father's side. She was born when my dad was just 8 years old. She's now in her 70's. She's got children older than I am, but nevertheless she is my first cousin.

She retired to Florida many years ago. And I have not seen her since.

Shortly after she retired she was told she needed a hip replacement. She refused to have surgery. She was fearful.

So she's been in a wheelchair for years. She's put limits on her ability to move because of fear. Can't come north for weddings and bar mitzvahs. Well fear has ruined her life. She just got a cancer diagnosis. She will have radiation and chemo but can't have surgery. She'd morbidly obese because of inactivity and the surgery would kill her.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday