got a text message today

From my good friend Kim. She’s in WDW right now. She texted me about Disney Crocs flip-flops. I am ecstatic.


Let me explain.


Kim and I met on the DIS, that wonderful/awful Disney message Board. She lives on Long Island – just a few miles down the road from my boyfriend, actually. She owns DVC and makes trips to Disney frequently.


A few years ago, she and I took a trip together on her DVC points – her husband and kids didn’t want to go that year. We stayed at Beach Club Villas. She flew down Wednesday morning and flew home Sunday night. I worked Wednesday, and flew down after work – and after a 4-hour rain delay at the airport. Since both of us were WDW veterans, there was no pressure, and we had a relaxing trip, which included a swim every afternoon at the hotel’s main pool (Stormalong Bay, a huge lazy river) and drinks on the balcony every evening before bed. We spent a lot of time in EPCOT, since we could walk there, but saw the other parks as well. Highlights of the trip included riding Expedition Everest and Toy Story Mania, shows at EPCOT (the Abba tribute band and Off Kilter), a character lunch at Askerhaus in Norway (yes, I am a princess) and a wonderful dinner at the Contemporary where they put a glow cube in my drink.) We ate lunch at Morocco and I bought some jewelry there, and had a fascinating discussion with the cashier who noticed I was wearing a hamsa – an important symbol in both Jewish and Moslem cultures.


So when Kim texted me just now, it brought back a whole host of good memories.


But….about the Crocs….


By the end of the trip my feet were very sore from all the walking we did. We were at the Contemporary and saw Disney Crocs. I tried on a pair of flip flops – green shoes with an orange insole. They’re “Disney” Crocs because they have a small cut out of Mickey’s head just above the thong that goes between the toes. Kim convinced me to buy them, telling me that they were very comfortable and would help with the sore feet. I bought the shoes, but my feet were so sore by then that nothing felt comfortable.


But Kim was right, those crocs are truly the most comfortable shoes I own. I’ve since bought another pair of flip flops, two pairs of clogs and two pairs of ballet flats from Crocs. Not with the disney decor, of course, but still ...


Kim just bought another pair of Disney Crocs. She tells me that the Crocs now come in colors other than green and orange. I simply must check it out.

good thing we're going in a few weeks.

Comments

  1. That's R's Mom, right? Enjoy your time with Kim!

    They come in lots of colors now, even in styles that my coworkers don't believe are Crocs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you guessed right. she's win WDW now, 'm going in a few weeks, but we're having dinner together next week. She loved Harry Potter, by the way. Can't wait to see her photos of the place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday