Wednesday HodgePodge

 Joyce says:

Welcome to another week in the Wednesday Hodgepodge. Lea over at Cici's Corner recently prompted me to look back at my first Hodgepodge post and I discovered the date of that first post was this very week in the year 2010. It doesn't feel like that long ago but blogs don't lie. They might exaggerate at times, but they don't lie ha! 

I thought it might be fun this week to repeat some of those same questions. When I started the HP I asked seven questions adding a space in #8 for your own random thought. Thinking about that now I don't know how I kept up the pace. I was smarter then I guess lol. 

I downsized to five questions in May of 2017 before calling it quits in September of 2018. It was becoming more of a chore than a fun mid-week break and the timing felt right. I brought it back in the early days of the pandemic (remember when it was 'early days'???) and we're still at it. In more ways than one, but that's a post for a different day. 

I still enjoy this little weekly random, so keeping it going until I don't. Thank you for sticking with it, re-joining, or landing here for the first time ever. Here we go-



1. How did you name your blog and do you now wish you had thought about it maybe another five minutes before hitting publish? Would you change your blog title if it were not a huge pain in the derriere? 

At the time I started blogging, I was using "Songbird" as a screen name on various message boards.  And my life was a bit crazy back then.  Still is, actually.

2. What bill do you least like to pay? 

All of them.

3. What is your favorite word? Okay okay, calm down. How about one of your favorite words?

I am the daughter of an English teacher, and I minored in English in college.  I love words.  Words are a special kind of magic.   They can weave a potent spell. Please don't ask me to choose just one.

4. Is the glass half full or half empty? Elaborate. 

I'm an optimist, the glass is half full. Pour the contents into a smaller glass and you'll have a full glass.

5. Were you here for that very first Hodgepodge post? If so, were your answers then similar to what they are today? Tell us what was happening in your life in November of 2010? 

I was blogging, but had not yet discovered the HodgePodge.  My older daughter was a sophomore in college, the younger one was a senior in high school.  

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

10 November 1975






Comments

  1. The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald is a song people love or hate - I love it (the song, not the event). Hard to believe that wreck happened 46 years ago. Question #1 is interesting. I grew to not like the name of my blog, but decided people who like my blog are used to it, and it wouldn't be a good idea to change it. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like words for a very similar reason. My mom taught English/reading and I have been teaching college English for 16 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rather like the pour the contents into a smaller glass for glass half full. I'm going to have to remember that.

    I am kind of obsessed with catawampus. There's a story there. I like penultimate and non-sequitur, too, although I think the last one is more Latin than English.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining the Hodgepodge today! Have you watched the Netflix documentary about Gordon Lightfoot? We enjoyed it. Have a nice weekend (yes, I know it's Wednesday but it's pm and Thursday feels like its practically the weekend-ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am right there with you ...I am crazy and that is okay with me. Time just goes on and on too fast for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed your answers especially #4. Happy Hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is quite the anniversary. The legend lives on.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was surprise how much I like blogging.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been enjoying reading how people came up with their blog names. I always loved that song you shared at the end. My dad and moms families were all raised on the great lakes (Lake Erie), so for some reason this song always was one I was fascinated with. It's sad, but it's part of history and I like when songs tell a story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday