Another this and that

 Driving home from Drew’s house on Sunday, I couldn’t help but notice one house that was still decorated for Halloween, a handful of houses decorated for Thanksgiving (mostly those inflatable turkeys) and more than a few houses with Christmas lights.

Hanukkah begins Sunday night.  I will have to look for the house that goes all out with Hanukkah decorations.

It’s going to be very busy around here for the next few days.  Tomorrow night we’re taking Jen out for her birthday.  We have three Thanksgiving celebrations, brunch with an out of town friend, and then Hanukkah.  

We are going to have to start thinking about where we are going out for Christmas and New Year’s.

Though my supervisor at work just told me that I’m getting a new laptop and two monitors, meaning I’ll be working from home for the indefinite future.  I wouldn’t mind a hybrid schedule, part time in office and part time work from home.  But I’m not happy working from home full time.  I miss the social interaction with coworkers and colleagues.  Sigh.

Still, things are so much closer to normal than they were last year.  That’s not a bad thing.

Comments

  1. I'm happy with not having to commute (especially in our winters!) but I do miss the social interaction. Virtual meetings just aren't the same. Right now my company has no "back to work" date for those still at home (I think we are at about 50% back) and I am actually happy, given They are letting me keep my desktop and two monitors for now. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about being stuck in your house indefinitely. That's one reason I'm glad to be back on campus. I noticed that so many people put up Christmas decorations way early this year. I haven't seen many Thanksgiving things up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my way home from work, I was thinking which decoration to put first..
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday