Decisions Decisions
Fitness tracker or smartwatch? And which one?
My Fitbit Sense 2 is four years old. It’s starting to show its age, and soon I am going to need to replace it.
I bought my first fitness tracker in 2014. An iHealth tracker that I had to pair with my iPad because it wouldn’t pair with an Android phone. That company doesn’t even make trackers anymore…
So a few months later, when I lost my tracker, I bought my first Fitbit. And I’ve been a Fitbit customer ever since.
Things have changed a bit since Google bought Fitbit, but I’m still a happy customer.
So here’s the dilemma. Fitbit is coming out with some great new features, but they’re only available on the Fitbit Air and the Google Pixel smartwatch. The Air is a screenless tracker, it’s the newest thing from Fitbit. Fitbit is discontinuing the Sense and Versa smartwatches in favor of the Pixel, but the Pixel will only pair with an Android phone, and I have an iPhone.
So … an Apple Watch?
With its very very short battery life?
Maybe I’ll wait to see what features Fitbit offers with its next model. I hear they’re rebranding the Charge as the Edge — a tracker with a screen.
Hmmm…
It all sounds too confusing to me!
ReplyDelete