Deja vu

Yesterday I had a holiday lunch with a group of coworkers. It's an annual tradition for each unit in the department to go out to lunch with their supervisor. More meaningful this year because we don't get to socialize with each other much these days, we all telecommute and aren't in the office much anymore. The place my boss selected is just a few blocks from the office. I'd been there once before, for a party. We were a very large group back in March and ordered from a limited menu. But with a small group of six the entire menu was available to us. So what do I order? The very same meal I had last time. Not that I intended to do that. I just ordered what looked interesting. It wasn't until I looked at my prior review on Urbanspoon that I realized what I'd done. So yes, I do like O'Connell's. Nice pub atmosphere with an interesting menu. The fried calamari appetizer - very tender. It's served with a spicy chili sauce. Just the right amount of heat, not overpowering. The sauce goes on the plate first, the calamari on top of the sauce. Very shareable. My lunch entree was a grilled chicken sandwich. It was served with mozzarella, bacon and guacamole. Huge sandwich, I took half of it home. I'd definitely order it again. Anyone who tends to order their french fries "very well done" would love the fries here, very crispy on the outside and fluffy inside. My coworkers' burgers looked wonderful, and when I saw the hanger steak I almost wished I'd ordered that instead. I'll be back next week with another group of coworkers and I am already thinking about the choices on the menu. O'Connell's Bar & Grille on Urbanspoon We were way too full for dessert.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A