Ramblings

 Yesterday I baked a batch of gluten-free corn muffins.  I left 12 perfect muffins cooling on the kitchen counter.  Came back to 11 perfect muffins and one … who would have guessed Shadow likes corn muffins?

But then again, this is the cat who put an avocado in my bed. Remember?  Though she has calmed down a bit since then …

…but both cats are into “chase me, chase me” mode.  I can’t believe that was Duchess running down the stairs! 

Jen is coming over today to do laundry.  We’ll have lunch and watch the Jets game.  Neither Drew nor I really like football, but Jen was a cheerleader in high school, had a lot of friends on the football team …

Football memory … February 2008.  Jen was a senior in high school and was in the middle of her college search.  One of the schools she was considering was in Hartford, Connecticut. The school had a program for prospective students … 9:00 Monday morning.  The day after the Super Bowl.  That year the New York Giants played the New England Patriots.  Jen and I drove from Long Island to Connecticut during the game, and a friend of hers kept texting her the score … we arrived at our hotel just as the Giants won …lots of sad faces staring at the tv in the hotel lobby … and I felt a bit uncomfortable showing my NY drivers license to the desk clerk …

Well,  ultimately she chose the University of Rhode Island.  Senior year, February 2012, she was living off-campus, and her housemates were all from New England.  The Super Bowl matchup?  The Giants and the Patriots.  Deja vu. At some point her very frustrated friends made her leave the living room and watch the end of the game alone.

I think the Jets are doing well so far this season.  

Now the Mets … the agony and heartbreak of being a Mets fan … it’s been an interesting season.  They started out absolutely awful.  But then, something magical happened.  One night they invited Grimace, one  of the McDonald’s characters, to throw out the ceremonial first pitch.


 

And suddenly …they started winning!

Grimace has his own seat at Citi Field.

And then this happened:



  

Yeah, Jose Iglesias, the man with two careers, Mets player with a hit on the Billboard Hot 100. 

And Mets fans started carrying sign that say “OMG” in Mets’ orange and blue.

Their hopes for a wild card spot in the playoffs come down to today’s game against the Brewers and a double header tomorrow against the Braves … the games against the Braves should have been played last week, but were rained out…and they lost to the Brewers Friday night and Saturday night …  it’s a bit tense…playoffs begin Tuesday … if the Mets don’t make it …

…well, the Yankees clinched a playoff berth.  Unlike many Mets fans (including Drew), I like the Yankees.  My mother was a Bronx girl, after all …  so I guess I’ll be rooting for the Yankees if the Mets disappoint me … or should I say, disappoint me again. 

I think I’ll go have one of those corn muffins and a cup of coffee …

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

Music Monday

Ultimate Blog Party!!!!