Ramblings

 So it was Saturday night … we were home with the cats, watching the Mets game …and I realized this house is starting to really feel like home.  

And yes, we are definitely Mets fans…you’ve seen our couch covers …

Shadow and Duchess are definitely indoor cats.  But some of our neighbors allow their cats to wander,  when we lived in Hicksville I used to see three or four cats that would visit my yard.  But in this house?  I didn’t see any cats on our block.  I saw birds of course, and bunnies, and our Ring caught a raccoon.   But no cats.

Until Saturday.  Early in the day my Ring doorbell caught a cat scurrying across our driveway.  And then later in the day …there was a tuxedo cat sitting on my neighbor’s lawn.  He was just sitting there, in all his black and white glory, watching the traffic travel down our street. Saw him again on Sunday.

My own tuxie greeted us as we came into the house.  I love having someone small and furry greet me at the door.  Adopting Shadow was one of my best decisions.

Today is Duchess’ “gotcha” day.  11 years ago today Drew and I went to an animal shelter and came home with a tiny gray kitten …

Then






And now 









We’re celebrating the day by giving her extra treats.  


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

Music Monday

Ultimate Blog Party!!!!