Music Monday

And today’s theme is “grateful”.

Here are songs about some of the things I’m grateful for.

Let’s start with this fur ball.



Shadow is a lively kitten, I’m sure she’ll grow up to be a marvelous cat.

  

Now, this cat is more reserved, more regal. 




For the appropriately-named Duchess:


  

  

The most important people in my life.

For Jen I chose a TV theme.  Jen is a court clerk, assigned to criminal court. She often works in the arraignment part.  So this theme suits her.



  

Becca just got engaged, so …



  

And Drew?



  


And now I have to change gears for a moment.  Back in 1980 there was a movie called Fame. It had a catchy theme song, sung by a then-unknown actress, who told us she planned to live forever and implored us to “remember [her] name.”  

Irene Cara died on Saturday.  We remember her today.


  



Comments

  1. Robin,

    Ahh, how sweet! Gratitude for those you love. That's wonderful you picked songs for the each of them. I'm glad to see you paid tribute to Irene Cara. I was shocked to learn of her death from a commenter on my site over the weekend which I hadn't heard about until that moment. I remember her from her early days with The Electric Company but her big break with Fame really launched her career. Prayers to the Escalera family. RIP Irene! Have a boogietastic week, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your take on the theme. I knew all these songs, except for Bette Midler's cover of Chapel of Love, and I have to say I absolutely enjoyed it. To me, nothing will top The Dixiecups, but Bette's voice had such a Motown vibe and she obviously enjoyed singing it. All I can say for your human family/cats is awww...Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw on that cute kitty. So precious.

    Love your playlist. Lots of great sounds from days gone by.

    Have a fabulous day and week. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great songs that I listened to here. Irene was too young but I wonder if she had heart problems

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some great songs there and congrats to the family.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A