Cat tails

 Do cats understand English?  I mean, do they live up to their names?

When Drew adopted that little gray ball of fur, he let Jen and Becca choose her name.  They wanted a Disney-themed name.  The mother cat in The Aristocats is named Duchess.

Our Duchess is very regal, she rules over the house like a true aristocrat.  She is somewhat reserved,  You’ll never catch her curling up in someone’s lap, though she will graciously sit beside you if she deems you worthy of her attention.  A handful of people are allowed to pet her. 

Shadow is also aptly named.  She follows me everywhere.  She loves to sit on my desk and bat at the cursor on my computer screen.  I share every meal with her. There’s a furry audience when I shower or brush my teeth.  I am never alone at home, she is always nearby.

Reminds me of a song …



Comments

  1. When I was young, my mother's mother (and Mom's unmarried sister) lived a bit more than a mile from us. My aunt had two cats, a grey cat and a black and white. Exact same personalities as Dutchess and Shadow. My best friend in childhood also had two cats, same colors, same personalities. Even as an adult I've never encountered a grey cat that liked me, or a black and white cat that wouldn't sit on my lap. Go figure. The names didn't seem to matter. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the names make the cat or do we inadvertently influence behavior by the choice of name? This is one of life's mysteries...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant, "do we inadvertently choose a name that is who they were anyway". Geez. I tried to do two different things, and wrote the same two things in slightly different ways.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday