Rules for Shadow

 If you follow me into the bathroom, please look before you leap — you’ll avoid getting wet.

Can we please keep the litter in the litter box, not on the floor?

Your paws do not belong on my kitchen table. Or counters.  Or in the sink or dishwasher.

And it goes without saying that you shouldn’t knock things off the counters,

And please stay off my keyboard.  You should not be answering my email.

Can we not chase toys at midnight? Nighttime is for sleeping.

The drawstrings on my sweatpants and hoodie are NOT toys.  I give you plenty of things to play with, leave my clothes alone.  

Soft paws, not claws, if you want to grab my arm or leg.

If you sit on me while I’m in bed, I prefer to look at your pretty face, not the other end, thankyouverymuch.

Dinner will be served at 5:00.  Not 4:00 and definitely not 3:30, and I don’t care how loudly you meow.  You sound like a squeaky toy, by the way.

And yes, I know my food is much yummier than cat food, and I will share with you.  But do not help yourself.

If you follow these rules, we will get along.


  

Yes, she’s grown a bit.


Comments

  1. And how many of those rules does she follow? Ah, cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there a hint of regret here? Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my cat, but she is a bit …rambunctious. She makes up for it by purring in my lap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday