another this and that

 I love these photos






No, that's  not a visiting princess, that's Jen on her birthday.  She and her boyfriend celebrated at Oheka Castle.  My beautiful baby girl is all grown up.


Jen told me that she got the best birthday present ever --- the announcement that Joe Biden is our President-elect and Kamala Harris is our VP-elect.


Like mother, like daughter.  


Though to be honest, Jen isn't very political. She  holds the beliefs I instilled in her, but she's not watching Meet the Press every Sunday and probably couldn't name any of the anchors on MSNBC.


Becca, on the other hand, holds a degree in Political Science and actually interned in Chuck Schumer's office when she was in college.



This is the face of a person who is determined to drive me crazy.


She went to the ER last night, and I found out about it when she posted on Instagram.  By the time I spoke with her, the medical issue was resolved and she was home eating dinner.  If I hadn’t invested 28 years in raising her, I might have killed her ...


Seriously, it was a just minor scare, but Becca is and will always be my baby.


But yes, I am ecstatic about the election results.  Did you hear that sound?  The joy that erupted all over the world?


And then...the sound of the glass ceiling breaking?


The next four years will be so exciting.

Though there was some sadness, too, over the weekend.  Alex Trebek passed away.  


Here's what I wrote back in March 2019, when he first got his cancer diagnosis:  


We don’t really know celebrities.  We only know their public persona.  But if their work brings us joy, we form an emotional bond.


Alex Trebek as been a guest in my home five nights a week for the last 35 years.  I’ve watched him banter with the audience, read clues, interview contestants. I’ve watched his hair go gray and his famed mustache disappear.

He’s an old friend.

So yesterday, when he posted a video on the Jeopardy! website ...

Cancer sucks.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Alex, as you fight this horrid disease.

Rest in peace, Alex, you will be missed.

Comments

  1. Extra Pawkisses for a Happy Birthday to your beautiful Girls, Songbird🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures of your daughters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have two beautiful daughters. The video beginning Jeopardy last night (and the revelation that he was taping up to 10 days before his death) got me to tearing up again. He was like an old friend. One of my high school/college friends was a one-time Jeopardy champion and she posted her picture taken with Alex on Facebook as soon as she heard of his death. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I have two friends who appeared on the show (neither won. Facebook so I didn't see his reaction, but Debbie changed her profile picture to a photo of herself with Alex. She told me he's a real mensch.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday