Wednesday HodgePodge

 1. It's the 11th day of the 11th month and bloggers often make lists on days like today. Let's go with a list of eleven things you're feeling grateful for today.

-- no more campaign ads

-- my candidate won

-- Pfizer has a Covid vaccine

-- we have a restaurant reservation for Thanksgiving

-- I need to spend only $42 to earn a  free turkey at the supermarket

-- I'm trying to figure out how to use the mango simmer sauce I bought at Trader Joe's

-- it's chocolate and mint season

-- Duchess has been purring up a storm since her visit to the vet

-- Jen

-- Becca

-- Drew

2. What's something you decided to do or act on at the '11th hour'?  

It's hard to be spontaneous in this age of Covid.  But I remember, before I had children...Drew and I were living in NYC at the time, and one Saturday we decided to drive up to Massachusetts.  We drove to Old Sturbridge Village, then went to an armory museum, and wound up in Boston for a seafood dinner.  We drove home that night.  It's  about 190 miles from NYC to Boston, a 4 1/2 hour drive...

3.  Apparently the Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe contains 11 herbs and spices. What's a dish you make that calls for exactly eleven ingredients? Feel free to share the list and/or recipe. 

I'm not much of a cook, I really can't think of anything.

4. Something you remember about your 11-year old self? 

I was shy and awkward and spent a lot of time in my room with my books.

5. The 11th of November is Veterans Day in the US of A. This is a day to honor those who have served their country in war or peace-dead or alive-although according to the government's website it's largely intended to thank living veterans for their sacrifices. 

Memorial Day is when we honor military personnel who died in service to their country. 

Share a thought relating to Veterans Day or tell us something about a Veteran you know-love-admire. 

This is my father, posing for photos with his family in Brooklyn, NY upon his return from Italy after WW II.





6. Insert your own random thought here.






Comments

  1. I, too, am thankful for no more campaign ads!! I love the pictures of your father and his family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a good trip to Massachusetts. Would you do that now? I mean, not now-now, but once things open up again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spontaneous day trips!
    Those are wonderful pictures of your dad and his family. I'm thankful he came home safely.
    Enjoy this coming week's blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like thank your dad for his service. Stay Safe and Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to have the photos to keep the memories alive. Glad your dad got back safely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday