It was the tequila talking ...

 So last night we went to a local Mexican place, Margarita’s Cafe.


The decor in this place always reminds me of El Dia de los Muertos, the Mexican holiday that celebrates the deceased.







Chips and salsa, queso fundido, steak fajitas with pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream, Mexican rice and refried beans ... we even shared an order of flan for dessert.


The place is called Margarita’s for a reason — the best margaritas in the area.  Of course we had to order them.  And that nice young woman offered us some samples of Patron.

Halfway through the first drink, the tequila kicked in, and I remembered my high school Spanish.

Actually I was fairly good at Spanish back in the day ... but now I need a little shot of courage to speak it.

And did I mention the mariachis?

LIVE MUSIC!

Yes, I said “live music”.  

Two gentlemen, one with a guitar and the other with a violin, wandered from table to table, singing in Spanish.

I think I was more hungry for the music than for the excellent meal on my plate.






Singing while wearing a mask can be a bit challenging....


Gracias, senores, por la musica.

 





Comments

  1. Totally unable to share my flan with anyone. Glad you had a nice evening out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had live music in a Mexican restaurant since, oh, near Christmas of 1976, when we visited San Antonio, Texas. You are braver than I am. I would have been passed out on the table after a tequila and a margarita. P.S. mask police here; the singer isn't wearing it right. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mariachi music! My oldest son went to school with some kids whose family were mariachis, and at school events they would perform. I think the school planned lots of events just to invite them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usual if I am going to have a cocktail, it will be tequila base.
    Stay Safe and Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once upon a time, some seniors were discussing senior pranks for the end of the year, and they came across one class that hired a mariachi band to follow their principal around for the day. One school I work at has a very high Latinx population, so it would have been on brand for them. Maybe someday. . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday