Saturday 9

 

For All We Know


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!


Saturday 9: For All We Know (1971)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about newlyweds looking ahead to a happy life together. What are you looking forward to today?

 I don't have much on my agenda today.  Just grocery shopping and Chinese food tonight.

However, it's my daughter Jen's birthday.  Her boyfriend has planned a special celebration for her, just the two of them, and I am really looking forward to hearing all about it.

2) They look forward to getting to know one another better. Tell us about someone who knows you well. Is it the person who has known you the longest?

I've known Drew for 41 years.  I was 19 when we met. I think he knows me better than anyone else in the world.  

3) The song lyrics are credited to "Robb Wilson" and "Arthur James," but those aren't their real names. Robb Royer and Jimmy Griffin were founding members of the 70s soft-rock group Bread. Are you familiar with that band? If so, do you have a favorite Bread song? (Find their greatest hits here.)



 
4) Richard Carpenter discovered this song on his afternoon off when he and sister Karen were on tour. He took a few hours to unwind at  the movies, heard this song in the film Lovers and Other Strangers, and decided it would make a perfect Carpenters record. How do you like to unwind?

Music....you're "shocked".

5) Karen Carpenter drank unsweetened iced tea, every day, all year long. Do you prefer your tea hot or cold? 

Hot, of course.

6) Elvis was a fan of Karen's and, according to the recollection of singer Petula Clark, hit on her when she and Clark visited him backstage in Vegas. Pet recalled Karen was very innocent and said, "I felt responsible for her so I got her out of there." Tell us about a time when you looked out for a friend.

I'm pretty good at spotting scammers.  Friends get those weird phone calls or emails, and ask me what I think before they respond.    No, the IRS won't call you and demand money and no, no one is going to "cancel" your Social Security number....


7) President Richard Nixon was a Carpenters fan, too, and invited the duo to perform at the White House at an official dinner for West German Chancellor Willy Brandt. If you could hear anyone perform live in an intimate setting, like a dinner party, who would you choose?






8) Today Richard collects classic automobiles. He has a 1964 Ford Thunderbird, like the one Beach Boys sang about in the song "Fun, Fun, Fun." Can you think of another song that mentions a car?






9) Random question: Do you tend to feel more content at the beginning of the day, or at the end?

At the end of the day.  I usually have an agenda when I get up in the morning, so there's a bit of anxiety as I contemplate what I need to accomplish every day.



Comments

  1. I just had one of those social security callers yesterday! No, I will not "press 1," I'll hang up and fill out the spam form SSA has! Oh, Billy Joel's a perfect choice for a small intimate setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billy Joel is a great choice! I love his songs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your Chinese food and Happy Birthday to Jen! I love Billy Joel too! Great choice. Loved your answers. Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Carpenters. She had such a haunting voice. And they were local. Downey is just a hop, skip, and jump from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lot rock songs about car, I like.
    Stay Safe and Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think Billy Joel is a good choice. He's quite a raconteur!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to have Billy Joel come to perform. I pretty much mean everything that he's ever done.

    I was so stressed on Saturday everything flew out or over my head.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday