The first baseball game of the season

By now, if you've been reading this blog with regularity, you know that Drew and I live baseball.

Our hearts belong to the NY Mets, of course. But these days it's tough to be a Mets fan. As consolation I remind myself that Yankees fans are currently experiencing the same misery . . .

Tonight we went to a Long Island Ducks game. I love Atlantic League games, they're less serious, more kitschy than major league games. Tonight we had Joe's unused season tickets, behind home plate, with access to the VIP restaurant. Joe actually took us into the control room this time, and introduced us to the crew.

The Ducks feasted on fish tonight. The final score was Ducks 8, Bridgeport Bluefish 1.

Interesting bit of news. When the Bluefish play their next home stand, one night they will have a guest manager. Pete Rose.


Yes, THAT Pete Rose.

Ah, the joys of being independent from Major League Baseball.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday