Kentucky-bound

Car service to JFK. Self check-in at the kiosk, print boarding pass. No checked luggage, so I head straight to the gate. Easy to see who is familiar with TSA procedures and who is not. I've done this often enough to have the routine down.


Pick up a bagel and coffee on my way to the gate. That place calls itself the Brooklyn Deli? The bagel was definitely not Brooklynesque. A late-arriving flight attendant delays boarding. I see Drew called while I was going through security. (ear worm time -- "Going through security, I held her for so long . . ."). Call him back, leave a voice mail message.

Settled in my seat. Guy next to me is with his 6 year old son, they're headed home to Florida after 9 days at Sloan Kettering (kid is doing well),

Aren't iPads a wonderful invention? Read two newspapers, played a few games.

We'll be landing soon. Short layover in Charlotte, then the journey continues.


OMG I have to get from one end of the terminal to the other to make the connecting flight. In 47 minutes. At least I'm alone. Last time I did this, Drew and I had an infant and a toddler and a ton of gear with us, and dog traveling as cargo.

I've never been on a jet this small, I have to check my carry on because it won't fit in the overhead bin, and I have to walk outside and climb up the stairs to get into the plane. I am one of the last to board.

I'm in row 13, the very last row in the plane. I have the aisle seat but the window seat is empty. The lavatory is across the aisle, so I am the only passenger in row 13. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

(When I went to San Diego a few years ago, I was in the last row of a much larger plane, and was very annoyed until I realized I didn't have a seat mate. Loved the extra space.)

Lexington is a relatively small airport. Off the plane, down to baggage claim and into my rental car in record time.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday