Embassy Suites and the Paddock Grille -- Lexington, KY

Embassy Suites is my employer's preferred hotel in the Lexington area. It's located in a commercial/industrial area just a short drive from the airport, so a tourist would find nothing of interest in the immediate neighborhood. But the hotel is clean and comfortable and offers various amenities aimed at the business traveller. I thought the atrium, at the center of the hotel, was very pretty, but on at least one occasion the fountains were over-chlorinated and the smell of chlorine was obvious.

My room ... was actually a suite. Living room with sofa, armchair, coffee table, desk with two chairs, flat screen TV. Small kitchenette area with a sink, refrigerator and microwave. Nice sized bathroom with Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries (mmm ... Avocado). Bedroom with two queen beds, flat screen TV and a second desk/chair. Bed was very comfortable. Thermostat was easily accessible. Actually a lot more space than I needed. No complaints.

Didn't have time to use the fitness center or indoor pool. The gift shop is very small and sells very little except snacks and drugstore items such as Tylenol and toothbrushes.

The Paddock Grille sits in the middle of the atrium. It offers a complimentary cooked to order breakfast and a reception every evening. I never ate in the restaurant, but did order two dinners from room service.

The first night I ordered fried green tomatoes, which I had never had before, and a hamburger served with beer cheese. The abatter on the tomatoes was light and crisp, not greasy, but I just didn't care for the texture of the tomatoes. The burger was completely covered in beer cheese, and I discovered I don't like beer cheese. The burger itself was tasty, though. The potato wedges, however, were crisp and flavorful. Would definitely order a burger again, with the potatoes.

Second night I ordered house salad and spaghetti with meat balls. Loved the Catalina dressing on my salad. Liked the shaved Parmesan on the pasta. Meatballs very very bland.


Staff was friendly and efficient. Overall a very good experience, I could see why my company chose this hotel.



The Paddock Grille on Urbanspoon
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday