The Big Purge

 Actually, it’s the second purge … but since I didn’t post about the first one …


So I’ve been upfront and honest about my weight issues.  How I’ve had a weight problem my entire adult life.  I lost about 75 pounds in 2005, gained it all back, lost the same 75 pounds in 2015-2016, gained it all back.  

And then in April 2022 I started taking weight loss medication.  

I was afraid.  Having lost and regained 75 pounds twice … what if I hit the wall again?

Well, they say that three is the charm …

As of this week I can tell you … I LOST 100 POUNDS!

That’s a whole person.  

I bought my “mother of the bride” dress — and it’s not “plus sized”.  That hasn’t happened since …well, Jen and Becca were babies.

So … the purge.

Last year, when I moved out of my apartment and moved in with Drew, I went through my closet and dresser and got rid of clothes I knew I’d never wear again.  There was no point in taking things to our new home if I wasn’t planning to wear them again.  There’s a charity that sends a truck to your house to pick up clothing donations, and they especially like women’s plus sized clothing.  I made a significant donation.

Significant, like 14 huge bags of clothes.

Well, last week I got a text message from the charity.  They’re sending a truck into this neighborhood in a few weeks, and did I have anything to donate?

This time my donation will be smaller — only six bags.

My closet looks empty.  But I am happy.

Guess it’s time to go shopping again …

Comments

  1. Congratulations. I could do with losing a lot too, but I'd settle for just this pesky 20lbs that come and go. Usually come when I need to see the doctor and he weighs me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't mind my asking, what have you been taking? I could stand to lose 100 lb, maybe even 150. Next time I see my doctor, I'll discuss it with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. It's fun to update the wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My new heart med is giving me about 1/2 a pound a week gain. I am having to learn my new calorie needs and new eating requirements not to have the gain and it isn't easy. About three months in and I've stopped gaining - now I need to hit the reverse and that will be more of a challenge. Thank goodness for the outdoor weather. That should help. Good luck with maintaining and honing your new level!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday