In case you were wondering

 This “crazy cat lady” persona I’ve adopted is not exactly new.

I started this blog in October of 2008.  One of my very first blog posts Introduced Daisy to the blogging world,




  



Daisy was a tiny, but fierce, bundle of fur.  The runt of the litter, she never weighed more that 6 pounds.  Her original home was with a cat hoarder, and when the owner’s landlord made her give up most of her cats, Daisy came to live with us.

Also in October 2008, I introduced Mr. Kitty to the blogosphere.

  




You can see that his markings are similar to Daisy’s.  He was a tiny kitten, about the same size as Daisy, when he wandered onto our back deck.  At first we thought he was Daisy, then we realized he was a kitten.  We assumed he had wandered to our yard from the pond down the street, the home of a feral cat colony.  In fact, I later saw a cat who looked just like him at the pond. We called Mr. Kitty the “self rescued Kitty”.

Eventually he grew into a fluffy 20 pound bundle of love.

I closed out the 2008 blogging year with a tale about the importance of cat food.

Later another stray found his way into our yard … into our home … and  into our hearts. We named him Redford.





Life with three cats was interesting, 


Redford is now an “only cat”.  He’s got quite a comfortable life with my sisters. I don’t get to see him often.

But I’ve got Duchess and my little Shadow in my life now.

Yeah, crazy 🐈‍⬛ 🐈 lady …





Comments

  1. I don't think you can be considered a truly crazy cat lady until you've got at least a dozen cats. Until then, you're just a run-of-the-mill cat person ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. …who is obviously besotted with a tiny kitten named Shadow.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday