L'Shanah Tova!

(cross posted at Midcentury Modern Moms)





 It's going to be a weird holiday.

As a divorced parent I am used to split holidays,  my children periodically absent from my family table.

But this is different.   This isn't about custody and visitation and all that goes with it.



First, let's talk about Becca.

She's living in a dorm now, and she's a freshman, so she feels she can't miss class.  She'll be home for Rosh HaShanah dinner -- she can either come home by train, and she can catch a ride back to the dorm with my sister who lives in Queens.    So she won't be sleeping in her own bed, she'll be leaving at the end of the evening.  I can live with that, I suppose.


But Jen....well, in previous years she'd come home for the holiday, make arrangements with her professors to make up the work she'd miss in order to celebrate the holiday.

But today is the very first day of classes at her school.  "Mom, I can't miss the first week of classes, I'll never catch up!"

So she's not coming home.

Sigh.

My baby is grown up and on her own.


My best wishes for a sweet and happy New Year to all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday