Saturday 9

 

Two Easter Sunday Sweethearts


Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!


Saturday 9: Two Easter Sunday Sweethearts (1954)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a couple dressed in their "Sunday Best." Will you be getting dressed up this weekend?  

No.

2) The happy couple is walking up the street arm-in-arm. Have you recently seen a couple holding hands or walking arm-in-arm in public? Were you one of that romantic duo?

Haven’t seen it recently,

3) This week's featured artist, Vera Lynn, was a beloved English singer who is affectionately remembered for her tireless work entertaining the troops during WWII. She famously sang "There'll Always Be an England" during outdoor concerts in Egypt, India, and Burma, even as battles raged nearby. What is your favorite patriotic song?

 
Guess I have baseball on my mind.

But once you mention Francis Scott Key …

My photos from Fort McHenry, Baltimore, Maryland.



(The video of the bridge collapse is frightening.  We must have driven over that bridge multiple times when we visited Baltimore.)

4) Though she became a celebrity at 19, Vera continued to live with her parents until she married at age 21. How old were you when you left home for good?  

I went away to college at 18, but does that really count?  I was 24 when I got my first apartment.
 
Now, here are some questions in honor of this weekend's holiday ... 

5) More than 1.5 million Cadbury Creme Eggs are produced every day. Do you enjoy Cadbury Eggs all year around, only at Easter, or not at all?

I like Cadbury caramel eggs.  The cream eggs are too sweet and cloy8ng.
 
6) Pretzels are considered a delicious Easter snack in Germany. Do you more often crave salty treats or sweet ones?

Both.

7) We've been talking a lot about sweets this morning. The only holiday that generates more candy sales is Halloween. When do you eat more candy: Easter or Halloween?

Halloween. I don’t buy a lot of Easter candy, but we buy a lot of candy for trick-or-treat and usually wind up with leftovers.

8) Easter is considered the season of rebirth. What makes you feel refreshed or rejuvenated?

A walk on the beach,

9)  This year, April Fool's Day happens to follow Easter Sunday. Do you expect to fall victim to any pranks?

Hopefully not.


Comments

  1. What a great clip of Billy Joel! Thanks for sharing. (I have baseball on my mind, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video of the bridge collapse is frightening indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #3 When I was little we went there and the other war battlefields.
    #8 I should be walking more, but I can’t seem to get motivated

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen that Billy Joel clip before--that's great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sad that it's the end of Cadbury mini egg season. (Those chocolate eggs are divine.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think going away to college counts. Especially since you did not return home. Cadbury with caramel sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like the cream eggs because they have a yellow middle, like a yolk and I can't get past it being like a raw egg! I like the caramel, second to the fudge which I haven't seen in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We LOVE Billy Joel!! Going to college...i didn't count that!! But I guess it counts......:)

    I've never known anyone to not dress up for Easter!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday