Skywatch Friday

Tuesday afternoon we got an unwelcome”traveler”.  Who could have imagined that smoke from Canadian wildfires could be so voluminous that it would reach Long Island, New York?    But yes, when the wind picked up, I could actually smell  smoke in the air. 

Things got worse …much worse … on Wednesday.   NYC had the worst air quality in the world!  Things were so bad that the Yankees had to postpone Wednesday night’s game.  

Local government officials told us to stay indoors, and to mask up if we had to go out.  I stayed inside.  So no photos of the burnt orange sky. 

 But this is what the sun looked like around 5 PM Tuesday,  several hours before sunset.




  




Scary times …

#skywatchfriday


Comments

  1. Oh, yes... Unfortunately, I'm very familiar with those smoky skies and staying indoors. Make sure you have a mask rated for smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what our sun looked like on Monday evening around 7:45 pm. I tried to get a picture but it didn't work out. Yesterday, Syracuse (70 miles from me) had a AQI of 428 and air currents ended up taking it into New York City. Couldn't believe those pictures of New York City I saw all over social media. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the color of the sky is just... wrong. Eerie, isn't it? It's not pleasant. I'm sorry. Hopefully things'll clear up sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay safe and be careful.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live outside Toronto and it is so bad that our AQI was 10/10 yesterday. My nephew lives up North and said the rain last night helped some so let's keep praying for more rain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope that you get some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday