more this and that

 OMG, the pettiness of some people.  About 20 years ago I was a regular poster on a Disney-oriented travel message board.  I loved being a part of that board, I planned several Disney trips at that site, even used the travel agency which was owned by the same person who owned the message board.  And then I had a falling out with the owner of the board over something stupid, and he banned me from the board.  No big deal, there are many other websites and Facebook groups where you can go to get help planning a Disney vacation.  

Well, last week I came across a trip report I had posted to that board when Jen was 10 and Becca was 8. It was fun revisiting the old trip, and seeing how things have changed in the intervening years.   Great trip.  I sort of miss those two little girls, if you know what I mean. But I made the colossal mistake of posting the link to that report on another message board.  Apparently The Powers That Be at the Disney board  saw my post, and deleted the old report.  Petty and spiteful ... but at least I saved a copy of the report.    

No big vacation for us this year, but Drew and I  thinking about going back to Disney next year.  A friend owns a townhouse that's close to Disney, and he rents it out on Air BnB.  We get the "friends and family" rate, meaning we just have to cover his expenses for the time we use the townhouse. Disney vacations are very expensive, but if we can stay offsite for relatively little money, Disney becomes very doable.

But we are also thinking of other travel destinations, so ... we will see what happens.

We are headed to a wedding tonight.  My cousin's daughter is getting married.  My cousin's family is Orthodox, so the wedding will be very traditional.  Should be fun.    

Becca continues to plan her wedding, of course.  Right now they're discussing honeymoon destinations.  It will not be Disney.  

But that's where her bachelorette will be. 

Yeah, I raised a Disney princess, didn't I?

Comments

  1. The last time we did Disney was for our 10th anniversary in April 2019 and it was a great visit. I rented a scooter for the first time and it was a huge help. Watching all the changes since then - not sure when or even if we will go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been to Disney since 1975, with the exception of Disney Springs (had fun shopping) and Celebration (interesting - the part that public can access, anyway). My son wasn't interested when he was growing up and we didn't encourage it. The cost in 1975 was affordable. The cost in 2023....forget it. My in laws (who never had children) used to go a lot and then they just stopped. I'll be interested in seeing where you end up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been to Disneyland in a long while. When I was a kid, we went at least once a year. (Keep in mind that we lived 2 miles away, so we could have gone way more frequently.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to Disneyland once, when I was 8. My mother and I tagged along to Southern CA on my father's business trip and turned it into a vacation. I lived in Northern CA, and people just heard "California," and always assumed I when to Disneyland all the time! My niece did have her honeymoon there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice story, Songbirdie and WOW! You had your own Disney Purrincess💗 Double Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday