Take Me Out To The Ball Game

 Saturday's outfit of the day:  blue capris, the t-shirt I bought in Cooperstown that salutes every Mets player who made the Hall of Fame, my Piazza jersey and my Mets ball cap.


Time for the annual pilgrimage.  Welcome to Citi Field!





Cross Roosevelt Avenue, under the tracks for the 7 train.

Pay homage to the Home Run Apple from Shea.


We entered through the main rotunda.


We got our promotional item:


The cooler is supposed to be large enough to hold a six pack.  I'm more likely to use it for a lunch.


Citi Field has gone cashless this year, so Drew had to use a credit card to purchase his yearbook and score card, and for the food, of course.




Nothing beats a Nathan's hot dog...except Nathan's fries.

And I had to get a souvenir cup with my soda -- Pete Alonso was on the cup!


The view from our seats



The current home run apple (saw it before the game, never saw it again that night).



Planes from La Guardia  right over the stadium that night 




And it was Korean heritage night



Maybe that explains the pitching change.  Saturday night was game two of a three game series against the Toronto Blue Jays, and former Met Steven Matz was scheduled to pitch Saturday night.  But there was a last-minute change, and Matz (a Long Island native) pitched Friday night.  Instead, we got Hyun Jin Ryu, a Korean player.



Because the Blue Jays were in town, the game started with "Oh Canada" before we sang "The Star Spangled Banner"



Walker on the mound, Nimmo, Alonso, this game is going to be good...






Kevin Pillar in the lineup -- guy gets hit in the face by a fastball, breaks his nose and still keeps playing the game...

Mr. and Mrs. Met lead the crowd in "Take Me Out To the Ball Game" during the 7th inning stretch.


And during the 8th we all sing Billy Joel's "Piano Man".



The good news?  The Mets took 2 out of 3 from the Blue Jays.  The bad news?  They won the Friday night and Sunday afternoon games, but lost the game on Saturday night...yeah, the game we saw...

But we had fun anyhow.  



Comments

  1. I was thinking of you on Saturday! I've never been to Citi Field and enjoyed your photo tour. I was to Shea a number of times, back in the late 60's and early 1970's, when I still lived in New York City. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We must be linked somehow.

      As Darryl Strawberry said, Shea was a dump …but it was our dump. I still miss it. But I enjoy my visits ton it’s Field.

      Delete
  2. Yay, baseball! Looks like you had a great time. I need to see this t-shirt that honors all the Hall of Fame players. I'm trying to imagine what it looks like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's the shirt https://shop.baseballhall.org/mens-new-york-mets-royal-team-hall-of-famer-roster-t-shirt/

      Delete
  3. It look all very cool.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday